Friday 28 November 2008

A Little bit of Card Making History!!!





Hello all you crafty bloggers, I don't know if any of you have heard
of a Company called Raphael, Tuck & Sons? but they were prolific
printers in the 1800s. They produced books, postcards, greeting
cards, die cut cards, fringed silk cards, scrapbook, puzzles and more.
They were granted a Royal Warrant by none other than
Queen Victoria herself!!!mmm pretty interesting hey!!
They were based in Moorfields (London), but it was destroyed in
the London Bombing Blitz of WWII along with original art work,
postcards, and history records. On a good note, they were so
popular that there are quite a few of their cards in circulation
today, mainly by collectors! Well I happen to have one!!! whooo
I bought a few antique cards from a market stall about 6 years
ago and found them the other day.....so I thought I'd share two
of the Christmas cards with you and thought a little bit of
history should repeat itself and have used one of the poems.
The sentiments are so sincere and beautiful the cards are tiny,
only about 3" high, but are really sweet, they are both
Christmas cards although I would have thought the little
chicks would have been better for Easter, but
then maybe they didn't have that many pictures then???
Here is a picture of them and my one using the same
sentiment! Enjoy them, I hope they inspire you! TFL xx

1 comment:

Spyder said...

aw, that's such a lovely story and what a great little rhyme, (I may have to borrow that one day!!) Thanks for popping over. Your blog's brilliant, and your cards, well...I think I'll pack up and take up...plumbing! ...or maybe not
have a good day, it looks like it's going to be very sunny.

((Lyn))