Wednesday 3 December 2008

Young or Old!!! Coming to a Town Near You....Very Soon!!!



Created this little chappie this morning, I don't know what it
is about these crisp frosty mornings??? but I am in my craft
room by 7.30 ready with fresh ideas??? can't be bad!!.. I'd
better make the most of it while it lasts. Well I thought I'd do
a little demo, bit by bit so you can watch him come to life
right before your eyes......OK..........

You can see the punches I have used from the picture (click on
photo's for close-up) The antlers have been cut out freehand,
they don't have to be exactly the same shape, it makes them
more interesting! (idea for these came from my Christmas Pud
icing!!) The oval is used one way for the head and
the other way for part of his face. I also drew his mouth (with
a white gel pen) using bottom half of the oval shape. His little
nose is the small heart punch in black card (also added two
white dots with gel pen), his ears are the long heart shape cut
in half!

As you can see I have used a slightly darker metallic brown
card for the oval on his nose, this gives an illusion of depth!
Once you are happy with his features (he seems happy with
his looks!!!) fix down with double sided tape. The larger
circle for his nose I have used one layer of foam pads.
For the tag, I used the same circle punch (this punch has
definately got to be one of my most used!) although I have
two shades here I opted for the darker one and red in the
end. Stamped with encore metallic gold! Merry Christmas
Stamp is from Hero Arts.
Lovely clean image, I then added a gold eyelet before cutting
out with deckled scissors.
Red circle is stamped with a star cluster stamp from Rubber
Stampede, again with gold metallic embossing ink. Used a
gold wired cord, piece of white lace (which I soaked with
some old tea bags to stain!!!) a piece of red gingham
ribbon, then to finish off added two gold bells! You can also
see in this picture the holly punch which I used with the
same coloured card as his antlers.

Oooh love this effect!!!


Placed the punched holly randomly over the card.... Hey
presto a Star is born . TFL xxx

1 comment:

Crafting Diva said...

Wow wonderful I have left something on my blog for you hope you like it?