Friday 6 March 2009

"Blessed with the best"....



This really glistens under the light......

Please click on images for closer look!

Mother........another card that has been inspired by my
"Wonderful Mum"! although only here in spirit when I'm
making a card especially with her in mind my creativity
seems to know no bounds.....so "Thanks Mum", still
looking after me...this one's for you! xxx........

.....and here is how it changed from a chrysalis into a butterfly....


Image stamped with Versa Color Sand Beige, I then used
embossing powder "Stamp n Stuff" in Kaleidoscope and heat
set.

When the light catches this it glistens so beautifully with
a rainbow of colours!

I then stamped the same image a third time on a seperate piece of card using the same embossing method and then cut it out, (it is so much easier to heat emboss on a larger piece of card)! The sentiment was computer generated then inked edges with same colour used for stamp. I used three layers of foam pads to give it a nice lift and attached the butterfly to the end. The other sentiment is stuck directly onto the card. Punched paper lace heart border and inked that as well. Added buttons and pearl string from stash. I then used the same butterfly image to stamp the corners of the envelope to match.

Thinks that all!! TFL Sue xx

6 comments:

Linda said...

Just been looking at all your cards, and they are lovely. This card of the butterfly, whats for your mum, it's beautiful. lin xx

Linda said...

Hi sue thanks for leaving a comment on my site. Yes am on 'docrafts' site under 'crafty lin' just been looking at your other website where you sell your cards and wedding stationery,they are all fab!! xx

Unknown said...

simply stunning...fabulous work hugs xx

gina g said...

Stunning card just perfect. luv gina xx

tiggertastic said...

this is so pretty, what a lovely way to use the butterflies.

talking of butterflies the one on my candle is from the Inkadinkado Clear Beautiful Fairies set at oyster stamps.

Have a wonderful weekend, Sarah x

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love this it is so beautiful. I love the neutral colours, thanks for following my blog. I am now following yours as your cards are inspirational. Hugs Pascale