Wednesday 29 April 2009

"As I Lay Me Down to Sleep"


Made this little card yesterday to coincide with the Colour
Create Challenge this week, which is to use the colours
Brown, Green and Orange, with the added option of making
a card for a man!! Well, we all know how hard it is to find
flowery, chintzy material which we all love to suit a man's card!
Not going to happen! So we either buy one with a joke on it or
we make one which we don't like!! Not good! So thinking out
of the box, thought I would make one for a little man ahhhh!
This little image is a free digi download from a fab blog who's
owner is Dustin Pike he has drawn some fabulous images which
he sells on Etsy, but every Wednesday he offers a freebie!!!
How fab is that!! I have coloured the image with water colour
pencils and palette, the papers are from BG Lime Rickey. The
sentiment stamp has it's first outing although I have had it
for about five years!!! found it after my craft room clear out!!
It is from Rubber Stampede. Lace and ribbons from stash.
TFL Sue xx

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, fabulous image and beautiful sentiment.
luv
Debby

Saskia said...

Great card!! I love the colour-combination... and of course the cute image!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Sue said...

Hi Sue
aww gorgeous card luv the colouring, thank you for your lovely comments on me blog, hope you call again, sue.x

Mina said...

oh wow how cute is this...I love your colouring and the tag is a perfect touch...thanks for joining in the Colour create challenge xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Sue,
Wow this is stunning as ever, must go and have a look at Dustins blog as have seen loads of blogs with his stuff on. Hope all is well with you, Hazelxo

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Awwwww! Haw cute is this! I love it. That little bear is so sweet and your sentiment tab is a fab embellishment. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

June Nelson said...

Awwwww aww sue its just so cute, oh I do love your work!! the colours are brilliant, gorgeous card have a lovely evening xxxxx

Lol said...

cute card xx Lol

LOUISE said...

Such a sweet card Sue, love the image, and your colouring is great. Louise x

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Sue this one's so sweet, you just want to cuddle that little bear!!! Lovely job you did!! I just got a dragon image from Dustin's etsy site and made a little boys card with it....I will try to post it later. I think he is becoming very popular with his cute images.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the lovely messages you have left me :)
Hugs,
Charlotte

Tara said...

A gorgeous card - great papers and image too and the sentiment is so sweet!
Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge! xx

Mel said...

Stunning! The sentiment is just lovely, perfect xxx