Thursday 28 May 2009

"Tropical Tilda"!



Ooh don't you just want to be there???

Aloha to all you lovely crafters, Happy Thursday, I hope you are
all well and busy in your craft rooms. I have made this little Tilda
(Hawaiian) for the Just Magnolia Challenge which asks for a
different shape card. Well this one was going to be a Palm Tree
shape! then it was Z shaped! then Arch shaped! now when it's
laid out it looks like a Pineapple!!Lol quite appropriate though
don't you think? Well I'll let you all decide which shape you
think it is! I have done a little photo step by step guide to show
how it came together, I am really jealous of Tilda as I want
to be in that card!!!..........

First scored an A4 sheet of green card
I had in my mind that I wanted the palm tree leaves to be part
of the card and fall forward, so roughly drew them on a scrap
piece of card first and then onto top front of green card and
cut out.

All the papers for this card are from BG Lime Rickey and
Marrakech, I think they are wonderful the way they all blend
so well, the sunset and the reflection in the blue sea.

I have placed white and yellow for the wash of waves against
the sand. You can also see my little Tilda after I had cut her out!!
Not easy, it was late and I thought any minute I am going to
have an involuntary jerk and snip something off that I don't
want to!!!ha ha!! thankfully she is all intact!! You can see the little
heart I have punched out and stuck on the back, as the card was
getting heavier it needed support to stand, so the back flap just
tucks under the heart.

Pineapple Shape!!! Back view.
Green Limes have been cut out from papers, Sun is a punched
circle. Tilda has been coloured with my Le Plume II pens,
sentiment is a rub on from doodlebug. TFL Sue xx

19 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Doesn't matter what shape it is, It is a work of art Sue, it is fantastic!!!! Hugs Pascale

Saskia said...

Wow!!!! GREAT card!!!! Thanks for showing us how you made the card... so creative!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

BettyBoop67 said...

WOW SUE, THIS IS FANTASTIC. THANKS FOR SHOWING US HOW YOU MADE IT. :) SUE XX

peggy said...

What a lovely card ...so creative!!!!
Well done.

Hugs,
Peggy

Anonymous said...

love your 3D card!
Pam Going Postal

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

omg.. what an amazing card!!!!
awesome coloring and the tutorial is most helpful
hugs
claudia

Mina said...

wow Sue this is fabulous, I love your card and your Tilda is perfect...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Liz said...

thats is amazing I love it

liz xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is fabulous, fantastic scene and Tilda. Thank you for showing how you've made it too.
luv
Debby

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning hunny, wow i don't think ive been here before, you have a wonderful blog with so many gorgeous makes hunny. I love this card although its much more than just a card!! the tutorial is fabulous too. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs Linda x

Rach said...

wow this is fantastic, thank you for sharing how you made it.. looks like a lot of hard work but looks fantastic.xx

Tab said...

Wowee, what a fabby creation! Must have taken ages its a work of art! Love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Maya said...

WOW!!!
This is brilliant,Sue!
Love the shape and what a fab idea with the leafs!
Drop dead gorgeous!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Dawn B. said...

This IS the best Tilda card I have ever seen. I am so glad I happened upon it. Your creativity here is amazing. This really should be submitted for publication. I love it. Great job...

Ila said...

This is Amazing, Super Cute and Gorgeous!!...I love how you made this...TFS the great tutorial!!...Hugs, Ila

Murielle said...

WOW....Very stunning card, Sue!!! Love it....
lovely colours and the marvelous look.
Great creation, thank you for tutorial.
Fantastic work!!!
Hugs, Mumur

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Well your just showing off now, lol! This is fabulous, thanks for sharing it with us in blog land, I love 3D cards, thanks for showing us how to create a masterpiece like this, have a great week, Heidi xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh Sue this is just gorgeous and makes me want to go on an island holiday straight away. Hugs from Desire

June Nelson said...

Hi darling pop over to my blog thers something for you huggies June xxx