Sunday 25 September 2011

A New Concept in Card Making...


Hello to all you lovely crafters out there a Happy
Sunny Sunday to you all, I hope you are well!
Thought I would show you my new design in the
card making world, I haven't seen this done before!
It all started when I was asked to do an anniversary
card for my friends husband, they were celebrating
13 years of marriage and were going on a trip on
the Orient Express!
So I Googled Orient Express and thought that these
papers and colours matched some of the upholstery
on the one of the carriages on the train!
Then her husband also asked me to do an Anniversary
card for her!!! so thought I would do a matching pair
(as they would be opening them together whilst away,)
that when put together completed the picture...get
my drift?...So this is the other one...

... this is both of them.....

...and when they come together......they look like this....

What do you think?

My friend said that when she was opening her card
she thought he had given her his one!!
Hee hee, how funny is that?
Papers are from K & Co, punches MS deep edge
scroll heart border punch and Large Vintage Dove
and Olive Branch. Happy Anniversary stamp by
Inca, Husband and Wife stamp by Hobby Art all
stamped and heat embossed with PSX Old Gold
embossing Tinsel, ribbon and flowers from stash.
Thanks for looking, I hope you are inspired,
Happy Crafting, Sue xx

4 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Sue this is brilliant and what a great idea, Oh I love those papers you have used they are stunning, Hope all is well, I am such a bad blogger with too many other things taking up my time just now!!! Love Hazelxoxo

coops said...

stunning card sue.i love your beautiful colours and the design is genius :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sue.

Hugs Riet.xx

Angie said...

What a fun idea ... great for close birthdays ...parents at Xmas ...or twins ...love it ...and your cards were beautiful.